Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Pictogram Project


For our first official assignment, we were to create three pictograms/pictographs that must correspond with one theme.

We first created thumbnails followed by roughs, printouts, and then the final product.

Here is my process:


Thumbnails:
My original ideas were camping/outdoors, tourism, and holidays.
I agreed with fellow classmates when we decided this was too obvious and overdone.
So i kept brainstorming.



Roughs:
Below are more detailed sketches of my new idea; the lifecycle of a student (study, party,eat or sleep).




But as i was sitting at my computer to begin drawing my idea, I suddenly came up with an idea i liked better, balding.
I thought it would be fun to do the process of gaining hair back after being bald.
I then hurried and did some quick sketches of what it could look like..
(They were VERY quick).
I drew a man holding a hat he has to wear to hide his baldness.
In the middle is a man using a hair growth cream.
In the third image would be a man with fully restored hair.



Printout:
I then drew these images in Illustrator.
We also were to create a smaller and simpler black and white version of the pictrogram.



However, in my last meeting with my classmates, I decided to alter the idea once more.
Instead of being the process of hair growth, my theme would now be solutions to baldness.
Here is my final product and what I turned in for my class.
Solutions: Hats, Creams, and a Toupee.


And that is my pictogram! :)



No comments:

Post a Comment